cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jt3689 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

recovery manager of backup dvds stops working

HP Pavilion dm4-1063cl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I needed to do a system recovery, I performed a backup onto dvds, when I tried to do a recovery of the backup the program stopped working. Any help in what I should do to restore my backup?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,023 20,645 1,346 2,131
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

recovery manager of backup dvds stops working

Hi @jt3689,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! It is amazing site to post questions, find resolutions and work with the community to resolve issues. After reading your post I see that you have issues with  restoring your files using the Recovery manager backup program. I'll be really happy to assist you with this.

Let's start by performing a hard reset on the Notebook.

Please find the steps for Hard Reset: 1) Shutdown the computer. 2) Unplug the Adapter and any other peripherals connected. 3) Remove the Battery. 4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds. 5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back in. 6) Turn on the computer.

Next thing I would suggest you perform a test on the hard drive from the Hardware Diagnostics 1) Shutdown the computer. 2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 3) Press F2 once for System Diagnostics. 4) Go to Component test. 5) Run extensive Hard Drive test.

If the test passes, I would suggest you try and initiate the Restore again. Please follow the document for Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager - here is the link

If the restore fails again then the backup was not successful. This would indicate that all data would be lost.

If the hard drive test fails, then I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please visit Contact HP and fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require any further assistance.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation