Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KIRUBAKARANKRR Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

recovery without affecting all my primary partition is possible or not

hp pavilion ab032tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hi friends,

i am having trouble to recovery the operating system. when i was purchase the hard disk is partitioned as "primary"partition. how can i recover without affecting my data's in hard disk. i have asked in hp service center they told me to back up all the data's in some other external drive. i am not able to back up all my hard drive. guide me to this problem.

thankyou.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Teacher
Teacher
137 136 3 7
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

recovery without affecting all my primary partition is possible or not

Hello KIRUBAKARANKRR ,

Can you share more details about the failure of the hard drive that you have? Please, come to the topic and share information about:

1. What happened prior to the error with the old hard drive?

2. Who made the replacement of drives?

3. Did you make the backups to the external drive as the colleagues from HP suggested?

4. You really need an external drive to move the data to, because every procedure of formatting will destroy the data in a irreparable way.

Have a nice weekend.

Western Digital representative
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation