cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Johna888
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

remove HP pavilions 15-P264na keyboard

Not sure if this is the correct forum for my question but can anyone help with how to replace the keyboard on my son's laptop, a pavillion 15-P264na?

Many thanks

John

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 17
Level 17
41,273 41,060 6,474 11,256
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Start on p. 46 of the Service Manual here:

Manual

The keyboard is part of the whole top cover not a separate part. You can buy just a keyboard on eBay but there are no separate instructions for how to remove it from the top cover and replace it. An experienced tech can figure it out but without instructions a novice would have no chance. HP provides the replacement keyboard only as part of the whole top cover. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
Johna888
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, although I'm not sure it's one my son would want to see, he's still at Uni, needs his computer but cash is in short supply so a full replacement of both keyboard and frame on his 18  month old laptop is pretty much out of the question.

Is there anywhere you are aware of where the instructions to replace the keyboard are likely to be found?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
41,273 41,060 6,474 11,256
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not really, but if he is at university he can likely find a colleague with technical skills. Where is he (country) and we can certainly help you find just the keyboard and maybe figure out that the whole top cover is not terribly expensive. I would guess something like $25US for just the keyboard and maybe $50-60US for the whole top cover from a vendor like one found on eBay.  

Also happy to maybe look at some pictures and try to say where things need to be unscrewed, etc. 

0 Kudos
Johna888
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply and offer of help, much appreciated. My son is at a London  Uni. and should be home this weekend when I can get closer to the issue hopefully. 

Thanks  again

John

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation