Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Vicky2016 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

repair cost to replace motherboard and dc jack on Envy Notebook

HP Envy 15-K220NR 15.6 Noteboo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Your authorized repair center at Bestbuy just notified me that I need the motherboard and DC Jack replaced on my HP ENVY. Model # provided above. They are returning since they were unable to get parts for this model. and stated I would need HP to repair 

Envy will not power on and has power issues. I would like to know approximate costs of this repair before moving forward.  Since it has been diagnosed and repairs needed outlined by your authorized repair center can you let me know what cost would be to have HP make repair.  Also provide address to send device to for repair. It is not under warranty. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71815 8674 18674
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I think they could not find it due to no available part any where even at HP part store:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=782619-501

And no part list available:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=J9K65UA

It is mentioned on page 64 of the Maintenance and Service Guide once. I did try eBay, Amazon and blank.

This forum is for you and me. Please contact HP in your country for help.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Vicky2016 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for letting me know part is not available. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation