Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
clake434168 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

replaced hard drive

HP 15 g049ca
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello I had a bad hard drive on my laptop I have replaced it with similar type and size . It was abit difficult as everything had to be dismantled so now everything is back but how do i get the pc to boot from CD Rom. it gives me error that tells me there is no operating system "deh" I can't seem to get it to do anything except sometimes it will start the diag or go into a shell ( maybe) Linex system??  any help would be apprieciated

Clake434168

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
38168 37988 5801 10075
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

replaced hard drive

Have you tried tapping esc or f9 to get the boot menu as you power on before the startup polls the hard drive? The window of opportunity is pretty quick. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation