cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sazzam Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

restore HP ENVY m7 Notebook from image created from Backup and Restore - create a system image

HP ENVY m7 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need assistance please. I created a system image for my HP ENVY m7 Notebook by using Backup and Restore/create a system image on an external USB hard drive. I have no clue how to restore the backed up image on to my HP ENVY m7 Notebook. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost
Provost
49520 49491 9892 16571
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

restore HP ENVY m7 Notebook from image created from Backup and Restore - create a system image

Hi,

When you created the system image, you should have been prompted to create a System Repair Disc.

You can load this saved Image to your new HDD by booting from the System Repair Disc, selecting 'Repair Your Computer' and follow Method 3 on the link below.

http://www.shivaranjan.com/2009/05/21/windows-7-how-to-restore-windows-7-partition-or-hard-disk-part...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
23 23 0 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To create a system image and restore it to your computer has many situations. If you computer can boot narmally, then you can use the image to restore it directly. If your notebook cannot boot yet, you need to create a bootable disc to boot your Notebook successfully, then,  restore your Notebook by following the wizard. Actually, you can learn from How to quickly image and restore your PC.  Hope this could be helpful.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation