Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,050 Views)

restore stream 13

Product Name: HP Stream 13 - L0C21EA#UUW
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Got myself into a problem.....

After getting the upgrade to Windows 10 offer i tried this.

The upgrade failed, i think due to lack of disk space on the 30 Gb ssd drive. But tried again, using a micro ssd as storage for the upgrade - failed again.

Then i made a recovery media, on a micro sd card, created a usb pen with Windows 10 installation, and gave that a go.

Halfway it failed, no reason given, after that the computer said it needed to be repaired/recovered during startup.

I tried this, using my recovery, no luck.

I copied the recovery into a usb pen, the computer booted up on this, but can't be restored on the usb pen or using the recovery partion on the SSD drive.

My next step was to make a clean install og Windows 10, the recovery partion not working, so i wiped it off the SSD and made one partiton, installed Windows 10 - and was happy.

But, now i am not able to activate the Windows 10, the license from the Window original s 8.1, which i took a photo off, are not usable.

How can i get back to Windows 8.1 or get my Windows 10 activated, without getting money up my pocket?

I did put my trust on the recovery media, wich the guide on the computer wrote was done ok, if the Windows 10 installation should go wrong - but this is useless.

Anyone with good ideas, a link where a recovery media can be created or something else?

The best

Jens Peter 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (1,009 Views)

Re: restore stream 13

Hi @JPS_DK ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Stream 13-c080no Notebook and needing to restore the Original software. Here is a link to return your system back to Windows 8.

Windows 10 gives you the option to return your system back to the previous OS. You can do this by clicking F11 at the starting of the Notebook, going to the  advanced option-select troubleshoot-Reset your PC-it should give you the option for Window 8 there.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation