Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hcfite Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

restore to factory failure on windows 10 upgrade

I have a windows stream notebook that I had upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 on. i am giving the computer away and so I was going to reset to factory conditions, and at 65% it failed. at that point I chose to exit and go back to the startup screen, but when it tried to restart it wont go past the hp window on start up. it no longer loads to the windows start page. I can hit escape and get in the backdoor to settings but dont know what to do. please help!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Professor
Professor
1577 1567 133 301
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

restore to factory failure on windows 10 upgrade

Yes, restoring from the recovery partition no longer works if Windows 8.1 was upgraded to Windows 10.  You could restore by booting from a recovery USB, if you did not create one previously you could order one from HP.  You could also do a fresh install of Windows 10 using the downloadable image from Microsoft.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation