Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Acorn1 Top Student
Top Student
1 0 2
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

screen shows test pattern after wakeup from sleep

HP Envyx360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After wakeup from sleep or hibernation the screen only displays bright white background with closely spaced vertical lines, not blue screen, and no functionality. Have to use the power button to restart then all is fine until sleep or hibernation. Laptop computer, only 10 days old.

9 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Acorn1,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the sleep mode issue, and wanted to assist you!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

In the meantime, try reviewing the following steps, and let me know how it goes:

HOW TO RESOLVE SLEEP/SHUTDOWN ISSUES

1. Download version 9 or 10 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.
  2. Download the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package (http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab).
  3. Change the Windows Update Services setting from Automatic (Delayed Start) to Manual.
    • In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools and open Services.
    • Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to bring up its properties.
    • Click Stop to stop the service from running.
    • Change the Startup Type to Manual and click OK.
  4. Install version 9 or 10 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.  If you receive a dialog warning about replacing a newer version of the software, accept it.
    • NOTE: You do NOT need to uninstall version 11 before installing version 9 or 10.  The presence of some version of the driver is required in order to "upgrade" (or in this case downgrade) it.
  5. Run the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package and hide updates to the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.  (Doing so will block your system from automatically reinstalling or showing updates for version 11 of the driver.)
  6. Change the Windows Update Services setting from Manual back to Automatic (Delayed Start).
  7. Restart your computer.
  8. Rejoice!  You can finally sleep and shut down again.  Smiley Happy

Source: How to Resolve Post-Windows 10 Upgrade Issues on HP Laptops

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
JasonP2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.

I started the steps listed, but when I try to install MEI 9 or 10 from Intel or HP, it says that the computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

I bought this at Best Buy, the model information is the following:

HP ENVY x360 - m6-w105dx (ENERGY STAR)

Model :M1V65UA

No idea...

Thanks,

0 Kudos
cnitsche Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same thing happening to my HP Envy x360  running Windows 10 (64 bit).  When waking up from sleep it will sometimes come back with a white screen (looks like a herringbone vertical pattern and the mouse pointer is a big square) and there is nothing one can do but a hard reboot.

Not sure if it is related, but I also occasionally have the browser screen go blank and the system says "Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered.  Display Driver Inte HD graphics driver for windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

the display driver problem started first.  Then the sleep problem.   I bought this computer just over a month agao from BestBuy.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @JasonP2,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I read your post about the vertical lines issue, and wanted to assist you!

Please disregard my previous post.  Try downloading and installing the following driver: sp73373.exe

This should help to resolve the issue.  Please post back with the results.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
JasonP2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  

I actually tried that driver to no avail.  I also reinstalled the operating system system times, and tried a variety of graphics drivers from HP.  I was able to resolve issues with the HDMI port not working, but I couldn't resolve the sleep mode issue.

The issue is identical to the one mentioned above -- vertical gray lines and a box where the cursor is.

I returned the laptop to Best Buy and replaced it with a different model.  I haven't had issues with other HP laptops in the past, so this may just be a troublesome model (I bought 2 other HP's earlier this year for kids in college).  

0 Kudos
cnitsche Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for the advice.   In my last auto-updated the intel HD graphics driver failed to load (even after I tried it manually a couple of times). 

I actually  went through the HP Support Assistant to try to do the Intel update again just now , because a new version had been posted overnight, and this time the installer worked. 

So far no sleep problems.  Keeping my fingers crossed. 

0 Kudos
JasonP2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's terrific!  Overall, I really liked the design of that model, enjoy!  

0 Kudos
torprox123 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exactly the same problem here!

HP Envy X360, m6-w103dx

Windows 10,

all updates are the newest.

I'm afraid this is a design problem. Pls fix it asps.

0 Kudos
torprox123 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SDF15 Unfortunately,

It does NOT solve the problem... I guess my laptop will end up in a return, although I really like the design.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation