Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
M9V07PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Display show 'an operating system was not found.Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.
Press Ctrl+Atl+del to restart'
Plz sir solve this problem guickly
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello rahul96,

This message means your unit does not have any OS. According to support page, your unit shipped with Windows 8.1.

Please follow steps below;

Before do that steps, please release all of external devices which plugged in USB

> Turn off to computer

> After press to Power button to Power On, you should press quickly to ESC key for many times

> While Start Up Menu comes, you should press F11 for System Recovery

> Select to Troubleshoot in first screen

> On the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager

> On the operating system selection screen, select Windows 10

> Under I need immediate help, click System Recovery

> When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select backup option as Recovery without backing up files

> Next

Note: Do not disconnect the monitor,keyboard,mouse or power cord during recovery!

Thanks,

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.
HP Recommended
After press to Power button to Power On,after press esc key display show startup menu after it press f11,after display show same thing 'an operating system was not found.Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.
HP Recommended
Sir
I try all the tricks to solve this problem but same page open 'an operating system was not found.Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.
HP Recommended

Hello rahul96,

Most probably your recovery area is damaged.  You need a recovery disk or ISO image that you can order from link below

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/bph07143

If your country not listed in this webpage. Please contact with HP Support team which related for your end.

Tips: Before order the recovery disk, i would recommend you can do hard drive test via F2 (System Diagnostic) in startup menu.

Thanks,

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.