cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

shutdown issu

HP Recommended
notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

good time for all 

i have aproblem came up and its that my laptop didnt complete the shutdown procedure it give me ablack screen and the laptop still runing . and the same problem happend when put the laptop in hibernation it didnt wake up again i have to press on power button to turn it off and reopen it again .

any help well be highly appriciated 

thank you 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,901 16,789
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try disabling Windows 10 hybrid boot - you can do this as follows.

Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane.

In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and shutdown the notebook by right click the Start Menu icon, select Command Prompt (Admin) and click ‘Yes’ to the uac prompt.

Type ( or copy and paste ) in the following command ( including spaces ) and hit enter.

shutdown /s /t 0

Start the notebook and let Windows fully load for a couple of minutes before checking if it will now shutdown correctly from the Start Menu.

If this has corrected the issue, it may be worth turning Fast Start-up back on – sometimes just deleting and re-creating the file will resolve the problem.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello  DP-K

at begining thank you for your concern 

but are we talk about win7 os because i didnt find  "Change settings "  in Choose what the power button does

so i had adead end there

regards 

hasan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,901 16,789
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

From the Start Menu, open All Programs, open Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'.  In to the prompt type the following command and hit enter.

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes     ( note that there is a space after powercfg )

Then enter the following command and hit enter to shutdown the notebook.

shutdown /s /t 0

Start the notebook and let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking if it will now shutdown via the start menu option correctly.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation