Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-ac112tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop is having problem of wuto shutdown.

it shutdown inbetween when i am working.
i works for 1 to 3/2 h then shutdown accidently.

i hava try so many method i it still not working properly.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NayyarSameer

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ac122tu and it shuts down randomly. I read that the laptop shuts down after working for about 1 or 2 to 3 hours. Not to worry as I have a few suggestions.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Do you have to wait for some time before powering it back on?
  • Does the laptop overheat before shutting down?
  • Is there no low battery alert message before it shuts down?
  • Did any hardware changes or updates happen to the laptop?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to perform the following steps to fix the issue:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Now, please run a hardware test on the laptop:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on Power - There are two different power tests available, the AC Adapter Test and the Battery Test.

AC Adapter - The AC Adapter test provides an interactive test to determine if the AC power adapter is functioning properly. A good battery is required for this test. Before running the AC Adapter Test, HP recommends verifying that your computer can receive power by connecting a known working AC adapter.

To run the AC adapter test, click Run once. The test takes 2 minutes to run.

Battery - The Battery Test checks your system to make sure that the battery is functioning properly. It tests the battery and allows you to run calibration if needed. The Battery Check test time is 2 minutes. Battery Calibration time is 2 to 4 hours.

To run the battery test and for battery information, follow the steps in Battery Test.

Please feel free to let me know the results. I'm always here to assist you. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.