The HP Community is here for you.
03-10-2014 06:47 PM
My HP Pavilion DV4 laptop goes to sleep while in the middle of downloading something, and this interrupts the download. Is there any way to keep it from going to sleep while downloading something? Other than telling it to never sleep.
03-10-2014 07:43 PM
When it sleeps the wireless card may also sleep. Please try (Windows 7)
- Click the "Start" button, then "Control Panel" from the Start menu.
- Click "Device Manager",
- Extend "Network Adapters",
- Right-click on your wireless network card and choose "Properties" from the menu
- Navigate to the "Power Management" tab.
- Remove the check in the box next to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
- Click the "OK" button to confirm the new settings.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.