cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
martirl3
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

sp53677.exe does not work

HP Recommended

HP PLEASE HELP!!!

I have TWO HP DV8T-1000 CTO.  sp53677.exe does NOT work on EITHER one!  On one of them, it shows a current firmware v90 (the Update claims v92).  When I try to update, I get an error:  "The update is not need in our list."  Huh??? What the heck?  Not even proper English?  It will not update, and the stinkin thing freaks out daily.  On my other DV8T-1000 CTO, it shows firmware v91.  When attempt an update, it seems to do everything that I would expect... but... then when I run the update again... it still shows v91 as the current version!!  What the heck is this all about??? 

Summary:

Laptop 1:  Update yeilds "The update is not need in our list." and does not update.  Computer freaks out with the Treb/Bass & Wifi daily...

Laptop 2:  Update from v91 to v92 finishes the installer with no errors, but does not appear to actually perform the update.  This one has freaked out a couple of times, but not on a regular basis.

HP, Please tell me what I need to do!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
lucas_demh
Level 3
55 44 0 6
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for being the one to bring you the bad news, but...

That thing never worked, never will, and if someone said that worked... well

HP is playing with us... they're not a serious company. I say that not only because of this problem.

The versions thing. No idea... if the rest is working, leave it up until someone comes with the specific fix.

The solution:

Look at HaggisCat's post # 204

(the number is on the Left bottom of every post):

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Problem-with-Pavilion-dv8-top-slider-bar...

mascoleman
Level 2
14 14 0 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After updating the software with the patch from HP, and being initially optimistic, I have to report that it is a failure.  The problem is worse than ever.  Whoever at HP thought this would fix it is just wrong.  One of the biggest problems, is that my Costco Concierge warranty (which adds a second year of warranty), says they won't do anything, since they and HP see this as a software problem, and not a hardware problem.  Anyone else in this situation?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation