cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

spectere x360 tablet mode won't work

My spectere x360 tablet mode and auto rotation do not work.

I'm running Windows 8.1

When I put the PC in tablet mode, the keyboard does not disable.

Screen rotation does not work.

On other posts on this forum, I have seen others say that screen rotation stopped working after the PC recieved a new motherboard from HP. I suspect that my problems started after my motherboard was replaced by HP warranty (since the PC went in for warranty service almost right after I purchased it, I am not sure if those functions worked before).

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 332
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @lwade,

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that the screen of your laptop does not rotate. I want to assist you in this matter.

Please go to control panel, display/screen rotation settings and check the box for screen rotation automatically.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Have a good day!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for attempting to assist me.

The suggestion does not work for me:

I went to control Panel -->appearance and personalization --> Display, and then I selected "Change the appearance of your display". There is a list for Orientation. Mine was set to landscape. The other options are portrait and flipped. There is no option for automatic.

Other suggestions?  Also, can you address the keyboard issue? It does not deactivate when I try to put the PC in tablet mode.

thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 332
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @lwade,

Thank you for replying.

In Windows 10, the settings of auto rotation is like:

Control Panel  -> Display -> Change Display Settings -> check the box next to:  Allow the screen to auto-rotate

Should be similar for Windows 8.1.

For the keyboard issue, if the laptop is set to go to tablet mode automatically like below, the machine should  turn off the keyboard when you open the hinge past a certain point:

go to settings -> system ->tablet mode ->set to go to tablet mode automatically

If you still have problems with the settings, use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP.
If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region.

Good luck,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Level 1
7 5 0 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I check the options you describe below, I find they do not exisit on my windows 8.1 PC. I am limited to "change orientation sequence" . No setting for "go to tablet mode".

I will open a support ticket.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation