Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-4003dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My spectre will not power on or charge. It was working perfectly until the battery died and I tried to recharge it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unplug the power adapter and press the power button for 15 seconds to try to reset the laptop. Reinstall power adapter and try to power on.

If no joy- leave it plugged in overnight or at least 12 hours to see if any changes.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Unplug the power adapter and press the power button for 15 seconds to try to reset the laptop. Reinstall power adapter and try to power on.

If no joy- leave it plugged in overnight or at least 12 hours to see if any changes.

HP Recommended
That worked. Thanks!
HP Recommended

Well....the solution worked for a brief moment. Now it happened again but it will not power on. I bought a new charger to see if that was the problem, but it isn't. Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Oh, no. Have you tried leaving it plugged in for 12 hours or so to see if that does anything? It may actually be the battery needs replaced but no way to test battery if you can't get it to power on. If you do manage to get it to power on after overnight charging- start tapping Esc key immediately. From the menu press F2 for System Diagnostics to run some tests.

Are you still in warranty?

HP Recommended
Thanks. It works
HP Recommended
Why this happened? What is the main reason for the reset?
HP Recommended

No, my problem is not solved (second time within a month). And they still send me back to the service company that obviously is not capable to solve it.  I  should have known better...

HP Recommended

My Spectre x360 13-4005dx has a similar problem.  (Yes, out of warranty by about 1 year and 4 months) It will not charge, and has only about 5% battery left after backing up all data. The power light will not light up at all. (white or amber)   I sourced another internal DC charging port harness and replaced it ($30), but no joy.  The charger itself works, since I was able to charge a friend's laptop with it.

After taking off the bottom cover and carefully inspecting for burn marks or any obviously failed components, I am at a loss.

Personally, this kind of quality issue is embarrasing.  The last desktop computer that I personally built is still working after 6 years, and that is after carefully selecting components that I knew would last.  I thought that HP took the same care when selecting components to put in a $1500 high-end flagship laptop. (The last Dell that I owned lasted for 4+years of heavy use before needing to be replaced.)

If I am able to get the laptop fired up, what can I even do with the 5% battery remaining?  Is there a way to source an inexpensive motherboard for replacement from HP?

HP Recommended

@h0pe

HP Parts does not list it as available to order but you may be able to find a source online for part number 801505-501:

https://www.google.com/search?q=801505-501&oq=801505-501&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.