cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 4
81 79 5 37
Message 11 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Prakashari - one thing that worked a couple of times for me, while the laptop still had charge, was to do a 'hard reset' by holding the power button down for about 10 seconds.

Unfortunately the issue resulted in the motherboard requiring replacement, so you might be out of luck.

For others who see this thread, I am compiling some information on hardware issues relating to this laptop, it might help others if we get some data on the kinds of issues and fixes that are occurring.

The link takes you to an Excel survey hosted on OneDrive: http://1drv.ms/1LhCNNM

Thanks, and hope you can get it working again soon Prakashari.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 12 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi There,

I have the same issue. I purchased HP spectre laptop in Sydney, Australia 6 months back and immediatly upgraded to windows 10. No issues so far, but from yesterday it was stopped charging even though the charger is plugged in.

Since laptop has almost discharged now, I can't try anything like bios update or any kinda other troubleshooting.

Help me please, what to do, where can go in Sydney for repair?

Thanks,

Suraj

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem. Received the laptop in the US from Microsoft Build. Becuase that particular model was never released in Australia, despite other models of the Spectre x360 being available here, HP refuses to be of any assistance. Their suggestion to me was that if I source the parts myself, FROM THEM, and then send the parts in and the laptop they will fix it. COmpletely rediculouse. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi prakashari, I am facing the same issue. Were you able to solve yours locally? If yes, please help me.thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 15 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Prakashari,

Same thing I have done. I bought hp spectre x360  in USA. But no w I am in India. Before a week, my laptop struggles with charging. Now , it becomes dry and only working while plugged in. What to do? If you had found any solutions, kindly inform me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
13 13 0 17
Message 16 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To All,

If you are having this problem, chances are, the problem is the power connector broke inside the laptop. The power connector is poorly designed.  It's only being held by 1 screw on one side to hold it.  As such, when you insert the power plug in and out, the whole unit moves until it breaks the wires.

Here's the part you'll need.  P/N: 801513-001

DSC_0019.jpg

You can get one from eBay.

HP needs to fire the designer of this laptop.  It's so sad to see a $1,300 laptop inoperable because of poor design.  How much does it cost HP to fix these under warranty?  How much is the cost to the consumers if out of warranty?  Goodwill cost?  HP's reputation for having poor quality laptops?  A LOT!  It could have been designed much better without additional cost.

Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 17 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have exactly same issue. IF you guys notice, the tiny light indicator is blincking. That means you need to update your bios, or I believe some people mentioned that motherboard needs replacement. But that makes no sense expecially for those who had brand new laptops and issue happened. Anyways, I fixed the problem by simply updating the bios through HP Assistant App. Good luck!

Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 18 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As this seems  like a design problem not just an occasional bad component problem, I fear that fixing the problem will be only temporary and in a few months time I'll be faced with the same problem all over again.

So the only sane solution seems to be  to toss the machine in the bin and go back to my "don't by HP except for calculators" policy which I abandoned in this case because I was seduced by the promise of good battery life.  Too bad that promise included a system that stopped charging the battery after a few months.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 19 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Dude, did you update the bios like i suggested in the post just before yours? This is NOT a hardware issue...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 20 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With no way to turn the computer on AT ALL there's no way I can update the BIOS.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation