Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 41 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same issue. I updated the important drivers especially BIOS driver. Now the problem is solved. Try the following link for downloading the drivers, http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Spectre-13-x360-Convertible-PC-Series/7527520/mod....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 42 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RUN FROM HP

Spectre x360 13-4005dx.  Serial # 5CD50968XB.  Purchased less than two years ago.  3/15/2015.  Order H393268XXX.

The computer would not start in August of 2016.  Sent in for repairs under case# 3031432XXX for $296.79.

I only use this computer when I travel.  Since the repair, I have only used the computer probably 20-days since the return of the computer on August 30, 2016 or 116-days ago.

Only 26-days outside of the warranty, the power connection has gone bad which has been identified numerous times online as a design flaw where the power connector/plugs wiggles on the case which leads to the failure of the wire connection to a board.

I called customer/technical service and was told I could have the computer repaired again for $300 minus a 25% discount.

I am disappointed with HP and will no longer purchase their products, computer, tablets, printers, etc.  I am moving to Apple and other printer providers.

Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,250 7,081 141 476
Message 43 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Formerspectre

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 44 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same thing here.  Got the Spectre at Best Buy as a birthday gift from my husband--use it very little, defaulting to iPad for daily email and browsing.  I got it out to do some real work, and  a few months into it, it's dead.  Returned to Best Buy.  Replaced motherboard and power supply.   Got it home, and it hadn't had the OS properly installed, so another trip to Best Buy.  After the second return, I tried to use it more, but experienced the issue others have mentioned with it dropping network, so went back to iPad.   I haven't used it a total of 24 hours since the motherboard replacement.  It's tax time, so I got it out for spreadsheet work, and it's as dead as ever.  

Very expensive mistake.  Am I wrong or is this beginning to sound class actionable?  It's not a cheap machine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
1 1 0 4
Message 45 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi everyone, I am the latest victim of this poor quality machine and rude HP support.  My pc went blank all of a sudden without any clue.  It was plugged in and the battery was at @90%.  I called the HP tech support expecting for them to give me a quick fix.  In stead the folk says I need a new motherboard and it will cost me $635 since I am out of warranty.  Red flag!  On my probing him he said 'YES' to my question--if HP knew about this product having a motherboard issue but later started stammering.  I feel sorry for putting him in that position.  I was later tranferred to a supervisor who took an aggressive approach to depend their poor quality product.  I was mostly mad because they would only issue a 90 day warranty for the new motherboard.  THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.

I came across this forum and realized many customers are going through the same issue.  I called the tech support again equipped with more facts but the supervisor discredited the integrity of their customers on this forum.  You must be kidding I told him.  I further told him if HP can have "Customer's are stupid" on their website I will pay stupid tax and shut up.

Myself, a loyal customer of HP for almost 20 years and have this notion that Computer=HP.  I will be dishonest if I say I am disappointed, disgusted may be a better one.  I used to love their machines for their reliability which is not important to them anymore.  Hey HP guys it is still important to us your stupid customers.  We will make sure you make that a priority and I will not stop tring.  I will also try my level best to try and resolve this issue not only for me but all of you guys.  I feel for you especially students who spent their last penny just to have a quicker, better quality machine when there are cheaper options.

I hope Hp executives who are already aware of these issues will be kind enough to look into this and find a solution.  HP we expect better things!

Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 46 of 46
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having a USB-C charging port is a STUPID idea.  This type of port is SO delicate that even just plugging and unplugging over a period of time damages it.  HP:  DO NOT continue useing this type of plug for the power source.  The heavy cable needed to supply the power puts MUCH TOO MUCH strain on the plug.  Any idiot with a little bit of electrical engineering knowledge should have been able to see this.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation