cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JohnH76 Tutor
Tutor
5 5 0 3
Message 11 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

spectre x360 battery life

Thank's but no need. I was just about to buy a Spectre but this thread made me think that it would be a wise decision to postpone the buying decision until HP has a solution (if any).

My point was that private messages with possible solutions are quite pointless. If there is any kind of solution - make it available to everyone.

In my own experience (I work at another well known company), a lot of hush-hush in relation to product and/ or quality problems hurts a product's reputation more than anything else. And it is quite obvious that a problem exists here.

Over and out.
ohnx Tutor
Tutor
10 8 0 1
Message 12 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a spectre x360 and it manages to get around 6-8 hours of battery life with my day-to-day tasks (mostly internet browsing, some streaming videos, occasional photoshop) and on lowest brightness.

It's enough for me normally, but if I'm doing anything more than that, I'll probably have to be prepared to bring a power cord.

0 Kudos
JohnH76 Tutor
Tutor
5 5 0 3
Message 13 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Ohnx!

That's not too bad. Which version do you have? I5/i7, screen type?
There seem to be very little data about the battery life of Spectres with the QHD-screen. Unfortunately, here in Europe, the i7-version always comes with the QHD-screen.
0 Kudos
ohnx Tutor
Tutor
10 8 0 1
Message 14 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the i7 FHD screen version.

Honestly, there's not much difference between the i7 and i5, so you're probably better off getting an i5 with FHD screen if you want good battery life.

0 Kudos
Kjouni Top Student
Top Student
4 4 0 1
Message 15 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Johnh76,

i have been trying for a while now to find out if it is meant to be 12 hrs, everywhere i see the PC it is advertised as 12 hrs and it annoys me that i get 4.5 hrs max, i get a bit less battery life with my older PC. i really do want to know if my device is defected.

however, as you see, the question is always ignored. The PC itself is great, however the 12 hr battery life puzzels me.

i have given up on finding a solution as i really do have to work, but can clearly tell you that i am yet to get a response from HP on how long the battery should actually last, leading me to believe it is false advertising.  

ohnx Tutor
Tutor
10 8 0 1
Message 16 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kjouni,

The advertised battery life for pretty much everything is exaggerated.

Most of the time, expect to get around 60-70% of whatever is being advertised.

However, 4.5 hours is kind of short in terms of battery life. Even when doing more stressful things on my laptop, I can pass that time.

0 Kudos
JohnH76 Tutor
Tutor
5 5 0 3
Message 17 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ohnx
Thank's for the information. I will definitely consider the i5. But the QHD is quite nice 🙂
0 Kudos
JohnH76 Tutor
Tutor
5 5 0 3
Message 18 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kjouni
Sad, sad... Yes, I share your opinion. HP seems to avoid to comment battery life questions and seem to only reply by PM.f there was really a solution/fix, they would share the information where anyone can read it.

It pisses me off a bit because I have been "all in" for HP until now; server, laptop, desktop, printer, scanner, etc.

Right now I am leaning towards a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 instead. The Spectre has a few flaws but fits my needs slightly better than the Surface, mainly due to the advertised battery life and a relatively sturdy build. But with only 4h+ battery life, that advantage is gone.

@HP: If you want me to remain a customer - be straight with me. Don't hide information that I will find out anyway after I buy the product, because the result will only be that I take all my business elsewhere - as opposed to avoiding a single product that doesn't fit my needs.
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 19 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @JohnH76

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation