cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
14 12 0 5
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

spectre x360 rotation capabilities

HP Recommended
Spectre 13-4000 x360 Convertib
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can someone please confirm whether or not the Spectre x360 will work in a vertical orientation?  All the docs, reviews, pictures, etc. that I can find talk about tablet mode, laptop mode, tent mode and flat mode, but they only show and describe the tablet/laptop in a horizontal/landscape orientation.  Nothing that I could find says anything about a vertical/portrait orientation which, for example, is clearly available on a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro.

I went to BestBuy to try this out for myself, but they had a security device platered on the back of the device, so I couldn't close it up to try it.  Furthermore, as reported elsewhere in this forum, there is some issue with Windows 10 and the auto-rotation lock setting being on, yet greyed out and unchangeable.  This was definitely the issue I saw in the store.  I'm assuming this is simply an early Windows 10 bug which will be ironed out soon, but in the meantime I would appreciate it someone could let me know whether they knew for sure that vertical orientation is possible or not with this machine.  

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 4
81 79 5 37
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and have no issues with screen rotation.

It works in any of the 'modes' and in tablet mode it is able to rotate the display to any of the four edges of the screen (thus it can do vertical/portrait orientation).

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation