cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mckinn6454
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

splitting screens in 8.1

HP Recommended

Does anyone know how to have your email account in split screen with  Office? For example, if I have a document in Word I want to send as an attachment, is there a way to have Word in split screen with my email?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
muka3D
Level 7
Level 7
467 467 50 148
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hey mckinn6454,

Depending on the resolution of the screen you are using, it may work a little differently. In any case, here's a video from Microsoft showing how to do it:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/getting-around-tutorial#apps
___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
0 Kudos
mckinn6454
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I appreciate guiding me to the video on how to split the screens. I guess I am doing something wrong because it is not working for me. I have a ton of icons on my start screen that are grouped and named which might make a difference. Anyway, I will keep trying.

0 Kudos
muka3D
Level 7
Level 7
467 467 50 148
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're welcome!

Note that the video I posted a link to shows you how to do it with Win8 modern apps - the full screen ones, not desktop apps. To do it with Desktop apps (like Office, Firefox, etc...) try this:

1. Grab the title bar of a window (top-most bar with the name of the program in it) by clicking on it, and holding the left mouse button while dragging - how you normally move a window.
  2. Drag the window to the left-most edge of the screen, and let go - the window should now "snap" and fill the left half of the screen.
  3. Follow steps 1 & 2 again, but this time with the right side of the screen.

You should now have 2 Desktop apps snapped to each side, giving you a split-screen view.

___
I am an HP employee.
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
mckinn6454
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got the split screens with Word and Gmail. At least i now know one way to do it. It still doesn't seem to like yahoo, but that is okay.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
muka3D
Level 7
Level 7
467 467 50 148
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Great! I'm glad to have been able to help you. Have fun!
___
I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation