Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23 AIO PC

Upon starting up

black screen appears

power light is on

fans are running

USB ports are not working

Cannot connect keyboard

Cannot initiate any corrective actions due to keyboard not connecting because USB ports are not working

Cannot get to BIOS

Computer is running on windows 10

Tried restarting

Same situation

Can anybody help?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi there @crazywolf14

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your computer is no longer starting properly, and is stalling on a blank screen. I am happy to help.

I suggest you start with this and follow the recommended process. There is a section for a not starting and getting to a blank screen. HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8)

Have you tried a different keyboard, or verified that there is not a problem with the existing one by testing on a nother computer?

Let me know how that goes for you, or any additional errors or glitches that may occur.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

I once got to the HP recovery screen.

I was able to confirm that the hard drive is detected in BIOS

I was able to do a hardware diognostic start-up test and all hardware checked out OK.

Now I am back to the beginning of the problem again.

I get black screen.

No HP recovery screen

No Windows recovery screen

Any suggestions? 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.. Power light comes on fans come on, screen is blank and none of my ports don't work.. I can't even plug in another monitor since there's no power to ports or keyboard or mouse.. I did everything like reseated ram, pulled the tiny battery,, I posted this yesterday on here and no one has replied to my post

HP Recommended

Any activity here? I have exactly same problem..... power light comes on, fans run, blackscreen and no usb port. Lack of usb ports confirmed by no led on the mouse/keyboard device powered by usb. Without keyboard, no way to troubleshoot per HP support. Also tried different keyboard/mouse device.

HP Recommended

I am still still dealing with the same problem....One repair guy said that the pc may not be getting enough power to run the pc... It may be the power cord is bad.... I haven't purchased a new cord as yet to see if it fixes the problem... also, check the ram & maybe replace with new ram....If you find an answer I'd love to know....

HP Recommended

This seems to be a big problem......It seems HP would let one of us send in our PC so they can diagnoise the problem & send out a fix solution for everyone...  Beings it could be a lot of different things or maybe just one thing, The guessing game is wearing me out !! 

HP Recommended

Hi, I was wondering if you or any of the other Techs at HP can help solve this problem.  I currently have a $1400 paper weight.  😞

HP Recommended

Hey dont know if this helps, but i had the same issue and tried everything above ^. I solved the issue by reseeding the 4 pin power connecter to the motherboard. Must've been knocked loose somehow. Just unplugging it and plugging it back in it solved the issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.