cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bevvzy
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

static charge laptop turns off?

elitebook 850
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My pc died the otehr day, turn it on and just get a quick 1 second flash of the hp icon and turns off. I called hp support who did a log me in resuce ie accessed by remote.They told me hold down the power and speaker key at the same time for 30 seconds, release, wait till power light goes out and repeat for 15 seconds. Then trun on. Worked brilliantly. They told me it was due to static charge???? a two month old three thousand dollar laptop?  issue is it, althought it fixed the issue, it doesnt stay on!  sometimes it stays on for lik an hour, like now for isntance it has lasted 20 minutes - oh a misracle, but generally I will have to go through that whole process about 3 to 4 times within a few mintues, jsut to get one email type and sent! ie it sometimes does it constantly ie turns off every 2 minutes or so. This is not a rare even, I mean this is daily. What the hec is static charge and are HP just smoothing things over??? what causes it

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 9
1,154 1,151 69 145
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

For your reference

http://www.howtogeek.com/169994/how-to-protect-your-pcs-hardware-from-static-electricity-when-workin...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_electricity

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
bevvzy
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thankds ichi, Im not actually working on it at the time ie fixing things or with parts etc, plus I am just in bed emailing etc....  I am bed bound and have been for  months,  so its only ever used on my lap ion bed

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation