Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
b__yash Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

suggest me compatible and best ram

HP 15-af114AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello experts,

i want to increse the ram of my laptop HP 15-af114AU and i have seen some of the ram online stores and i want you to tell me which ram will best with in compatiblity with my laptop i am enclosing pics of my current configuration please go through these and also pasting links of those 4 gb ddr3 rams that i had seen after a little research on my laptop and i want you to consider these links also and if possible tell me if you think any of the ram in the links if better be compatible with my laptop. BELOW ARE THE LINKS AND IMAGES

ABOUT MY LAPTOP

Kingston Technology 4GB 1600MHz PC3-12800 1.35V SODIMM Memory for Select HP/Compaq Notebooks KTH-X3C...

Transcend 4GB DDR3L 1600 LAPTOP RAM

Kingston 4GB DDR3 PC3L 1600MHz Low Voltage SODIMM Laptop Ram (KCP3L16SS8-4)

cachesmainboardmemorySPDGRAPHICSSTRESS CPUBENCH CPUBASIC NFORMATION OF SYSTEMAMD RADEON SETTINGScpu

4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
36067 5404 9258
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are all over the board here. You want DDR3L-1600 and it needs to be low density or 8 black blocks on the side and low (1.35) voltage. You have some links to memory of the wrong speed, wrong voltage, and wrong density. This memory seems to be priced well and fits all the specifications:

Corsair on flipkart

Also you need to consider how to install. Here is the Manual

Manual

See pages 37 and 44. It is not the easiest installation and may cause issues with the warranty. Post back with any more questions. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
b__yash Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

still i am not satisfied because the ram you selected from the links i had given is a dual channel ram and i have pre installed single channel ram currently if you had any other ram of your own choice suggest me. i ll consider

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
36067 5404 9258
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm not selling it so I don't care if you buy it or not. RAM is only "dual channel" if 2 modules are installed, it is not a characteristic of the modules. You asked for advice and I gave you good advice and we are not going to play a game where I make suggestions until all your misunderstandings are somehow satisfied. Good luck. 

0 Kudos
b__yash Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Huffer

THANKS for replying me so nicely and by the way as being expert its your duty not to answer like a layman and have some professional attiquetes. one more thing you rightly said that you are not the seller and nor am i the buyer for you as i know atleast that where i am and what am i doing over here and nor even i have the time to play game with you in this regard so if you were not conformed with the exact situation than next time please dont think of even came in front of else to answer. thanks for your precious time you have given to my problem and i appreciate your effort. and i will be thankful  even more if you not give me any advice related to this anymore. have a great day sir.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation