cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Provost
Provost
10924 10796 773 4445
Message 11 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

synaptics mouse touch pad driver conflict

Hi,
Please write your notebook product number (p/n) and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
ehtishamandrabi Tutor
Tutor
18 15 0 0
Message 12 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

serial no {Removed for privacy}Product number GQ217EA#ABV

country of purchase

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
46281 40542 4386 11296
Message 13 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the issue is an IRQ confilct.

Open Device Manager and then right-click the synaptics  PS/2 Port TouchPad and select properties then the Resources tab. If there is a conflict it will be stated, unlike in the following image where there is no IRQ conflict

conflict.PNG

If there is a conflict uncheck automatic settings click on change settings and change the IRQ that is used to one that not cause a conflict. Click on OK and then look at the Device in Device settings. The yellow exclamation point should be gone.

regards,

erico

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
ehtishamandrabi Tutor
Tutor
18 15 0 0
Message 14 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no conflicts there....

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
46281 40542 4386 11296
Message 15 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you began this thread I asked about that because normally, in all versions of Windows, that is what conflict refers to. So your issue is finding a driver. Well there are perhaps four different versions of the Synaptics software available at the web support portal in the driver & software downloads section. Try them all but be certain that the driver you download matches your operating system and version. (32 or 64-bit)

regards,

Erico

If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
ehtishamandrabi Tutor
Tutor
18 15 0 0
Message 16 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@erico wrote:

There are three versions at the HP server. Here is the other version.  Your Vsta version is 32-bit? 

regards,

erico

i have downloaded and already installed all three but doesnt work

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
46281 40542 4386 11296
Message 17 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What exactly did you mean by conflict?
Can you post a screenshot with the synaptic device selected, right clicked and resources tab selected?

regards,
erico

0 Kudos
ehtishamandrabi Tutor
Tutor
18 15 0 0
Message 18 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

maybe i used wrong word...its not conflict...it just doesnt work

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
46281 40542 4386 11296
Message 19 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK. Now we are on the same fequency. 🙂

Option 1:

I forgot to mention that you can install the driver from the Recovery Manager. All of the original drivers are there. I mean by accessing it through the F11 key or by the Recovery disc set. Install drivers is an option in the Recovery manage.r   

Option 2:

Go to Device Manager and right click the synaptics device and then select Properties. In the drop down box below Property select hardware ids.

Post a screenshot just like the image I have here below as an example. This way I will find out exactly what device is in your notebook and be able to search for a driver elsewhere.

pciven.png

Best regards,

erico.

0 Kudos
ehtishamandrabi Tutor
Tutor
18 15 0 0
Message 20 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have attached the snapshots..

the mouse pad driver isnt visible normally..have to select 'show hidden drivers "

touchpad2.jpgtouchpad2.jpg

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation