cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
krobinson26198
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

system administrator

HP Recommended

Hi my computer, which is HP 2000 Notebook PC , says that I am not the system administrator and i am the only one that has had the comuter. please help. I need to change this

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
BHK6
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 340 869
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi krobinson26198,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I will be happy to help. It is possible to make some changes to your user account but I will need to know what operating system you are running? When are you encountering this issue? During an install or making a change to the computer?

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
krobinson26198
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am running windows 8.1. I have the problem when i go to make a change to the computer. Or when I go to choose how updates get installed.
0 Kudos
BHK6
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 340 869
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi krobinson26198,

I have two things to for you to try. The first is link to a third-party site with quite a bit of detailed information about how accounts work on Windows 8 and 8.1. There are local accounts and Microsoft accounts. It will also show you how to change account settings to set it as Administrator.

This second link is to another third-party site that will show you how to turn off User Account Control with are the pop-ups that come up when you make changes.  Windows 8 and 8.1 will be near the bottom of the page.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
keen411
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem except it is with an HP touchsmart600 with windows 7. I keep getting a pop up upon starting computer that reads "a new version of Malwarebytes is ready to be installed" when I went to programs to check out & try to uninstall this program I got "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Malwarebytes. Please contact your system administrator. " I have never been "unallowed" to do something on my own computer. HELP!!!

0 Kudos
naziayousuf
1 1 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Nothing show on my hp laptop how can I format all password and great new icons & google crome on my desktop?
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation