Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
xno41va#aba
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hello smart people, 

i need help very bad. my compaq mini cq10-525dx had a blue box that says enter aministrator password or power on password. after being entered wrong three times little blue box that says system disabled 51822835....what code am i supposed to put in???

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Enter  44780211

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this code:

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended
When entered got stuck on black screen with little white line in the left top of screen
HP Recommended

Hi,

Reboot the PC and enter Bios (F2 or Canc), see if the boot order is correct and also other settings for Bios. Also remove or change the password.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Hi,

Shutdown the notebook. 

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive and Memory.

Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Not too computer savy. I don't think I'm doing something right cause I turned it off n back on to reboot n pressed f2 n I still have the same screen. And thank you for helping me out. Any kind of good reviews I can give will be given
HP Recommended

Hi,

Given the age of your notebook, you should be able to run these tests directly from the bios menu as follows

Shut down the notebook. 

Tap away at the esc key as soon as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
It says etr is 1 hour n 10 min that sound right dear?just for hard disk test
HP Recommended

Hi,

It would be too long for the short test, but may be about right for the comprehensive test - the time displayed may also be an indication of a problem with the HDD which would be consistent with the spontaneous appearance of a power on password - best thing to do is to let the test complete and then post back with the results, including any error code you may receive.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.