Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mmarini Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

system service exception

HP Pavilion 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my laptop for three days now and it keeps restarting every 5 minutes. Google Chrome will stop working and stop responding and close down when I'm surfing the web. Every time it restarts it shows a blue screen with the error messages "system_service_exception" and "kmode_exception_not_handled" I've already done a system recovery and reset it to its factory settings but it won't stop restarting and freezing up on me. I'm considering sending it back in to have HP fix or replace my laptop, but first I wanted to post my question to see if anyone has any helpful advice. Thanks. 

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 820 1376
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

system service exception

Hi @mmarini, thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that your HP notebook is facing performance issues and restarts on its own. You have certainly done your share of research and did a good job!

I suggest you run hardware diagnostics on the Hard drive and memory of the unit. Please refer to this video to know how to run the tests: http://hp.care/2bB0tc0

Inside Component test, you have options to run hard drive test and memory test. If there are no reported hardware failures then suggest you troubleshoot the software and try this link: http://hp.care/2bPH5Hg

Please complete the steps below and let me know the outcome. Good luck!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation