Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lonewolfnia_ Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

the laptop won't go thru on any options

On the 23rd I thought I get all my updates out of the way so I allowed all three to go Thru, at the time I was watching YouTube and decided to put my headphones in there was this icon saying there was no audio outputs installed after I was diagnosed my issue, I was given options one was to restore my notebook to how it was before the updates I went with the option now I'm here none of my options I click when I made it back to my home screen would go thru for example I clicked the explorer and it fakes like it will go and then backs out and back to my home screen so for the past two days I been trying to reset it and all it will waste my time and go right back to the restart screen I have no clue what to do idk if I should just move on and buy another laptop or if this can be fixed because it turns on and all I just can't get any of my options to go thru even now I'm trying to reset it in hopes it will go back to how it was before the "recovery option" but it's been stuck on 37% for the past hour loosing hope and I hope and appreciate it a lot if someone could tell me what to do and I'm not sure what exact model it is since it won't go to thru on any options such as trying to get assistant on the actual laptop
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14579 954 1588
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

the laptop won't go thru on any options

Hi @Lonewolfnia_,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues with your HP PC. I'll be glad to assist you with this.

Let's try these steps here:

1. Perform a hard reset.

2. Run the System diagnostics test from F2: Here is the link.

The diagnostic tests are run from the Startup menu. These tests check the main components of your computer to make sure they are working properly. Use the following steps to run the diagnostics tests to check for problems.

You could as well run the extensive test on the hard drive and memory from the Component test.

3. Initiate the System Restore from Recovery Manager: Click here

If the process fails, I would suggest you run the System recovery using the partition. 

Note: Recovery will wipe off everything from the computer. If you have anything important get in touch with some local stores to get your data backed up.

If this does not work, contact HP Phone support to get a recovery media to reinstall windows on the computer.

Link to contact HP: Click here

For detailed steps, click here

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be happy to help you with your concern.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation