Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hp pavilion dv7

windows 7 .

the light on the power button is not working. how i can turn it on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
If the light on the key is not lighting up, then more than likely the LED is just out for your power button. If the notebook is still in warranty, you could have it repaired or replaced, but as long as its not causing you any serious issues, I wouldn't worry too much with it.

KUDOS is just a system we use to say thanks to informative posts.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Do you mean the light just doesn't light up or the actual power button is not working?

Also, could you please give me the exact model number of your notebook?

You can use the following document if you need assistance in finding it.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

product name hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc

product number LX269EA3B1A

yes i  mean the light just doesn't light up

btw what is KUDOS?

HP Recommended
If the light on the key is not lighting up, then more than likely the LED is just out for your power button. If the notebook is still in warranty, you could have it repaired or replaced, but as long as its not causing you any serious issues, I wouldn't worry too much with it.

KUDOS is just a system we use to say thanks to informative posts.
Signature
HP Recommended

mmm ok. thanks

btw how i can do the KUDOS?

SOLUTION PROVIDED!

HP Recommended
Hello kokouithebest,

You can click the purple Kudos star on the left under the name of the user you would like to Kudo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

which one is yours?

HP Recommended

2012-12-07_1008.png

the first arrow is the one showing where to click to give Kyle a Kudos and the second is the one showing where one would give a kudos to you.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.