Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
narendrasinh001 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

to recover data from dead hard drive

G42-356TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My HP G42 - 356TU Laptop's internal Hard Disk (Seagate) has crashed Suddenly and it is not getting detected by system.

This hard disk contains some of my important documents and study materials which I want to recover. When I contacted a service center, I was told that it can be recovered by some expert professionals but that is a bit costly affair.

Can anyone suggest, how the data can be recovered from the hard disk.?

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
38205 38025 5805 10091
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

to recover data from dead hard drive

Whether data can be recovered without heroic means depends on whether it spins up when connected to another computer with a usb to SATA adapter. You definitely want to remove it from the old machine as trying to boot from it will continue to damage whatever data is on there. I like to try to recover data from a Linux environment as Linux reads disks a bit differently than Windows and often the drive will mount and files will be visible in Linux that are not in Windows. There is also software that can read the drive "raw" even if the partition table is so messed up that files and folders are not visible. Post back with any more questions. 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation