Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (285 Views)

touch pad not working

I have a compaq presario laptop and a few days ago my touch pad seemed to stop working cannot do anything without a mouse. I have tried several option including calling tech support but no luck. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 3 (256 Views)

Re: touch pad not working

There is a button above the touch pad. If you push it, does the mouse work?

Is there any way you can get an external mouse to use?

Please thank me if I helped solve your problem or gave you useful information!
Printer: HP LaserJet P2015
Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: touch pad not working

If the above sections don't work, use the keyboard to open the start menu and type "mouse" in the search field.  This should allow you to go into the mouse/touchpad settings in the control panel.  If you cannot manually turn on the touchpad from there, then again go to start using the keyboard, type in "device manager" and press enter.  From device manager, use the tab key to navigate to the touchpad driver, then uninstall the driver. 

After the driver is uninstalled, restart your computer.

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation