cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
michelej
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

touch screen on HP Pavillion TS 14 stopped responding

HP Recommended
Pavillion TS 14-n018us noteboo
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

About 2 weeks ago, possibly after a window update, my touch screen stopped responding.  I have tried all of the tests and resets that I could find.  In device manager, it shows tha that the driver is working properly, when I attempt to update the driver, it says it is working properly, but the option to roll back driver is not highlighted.  Under fixes in the utility tool, I have tried all of the recommended fixes.  When I go to Tablet PC settings and hit set up, the test screen remains unresponsive.  The first time I attempted this, the fix worked, but after turning off the computer, the next time I turned it on, it has not worked since.  I have done a hard reboot, removing the battery with a power drain, no response.  System restore did not work, have used any available restore points.  I have attempted the system tests, by rebooting and pressing f2, gon to touch screen test, no tesponse to blocks, test failed, same with second available test in this mode.  I have not been able to find driver for my computer on the HP website, as the model number on my computer is limited, in the list of computers on the site, my model number is not specific enough, (there are several different models of the HP Pavillion TS 14 notebook, and nowhere on my computer does it state the exact model number.  I have not seen this computer anwhere other than Staples, which is where the computer was purchased.  I believe that it was a limited release that was created to be sold exclusively at Staples.  The model number on my PC is listed as E8A80UA#ABA.  When I enter this model number on the HP website, it is listed as a non valid model number.  My warranty expired in January.  I would like to try to download the driver, as in the listing of drivers on the support page, there does not appear to be a driver for the touch screen, even though it says it is working properly on the device manager.  Please help!  Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @michelej,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-n018us Notebook and issues with the TouchScreen not functioning correctly. Here is a link to steps that help with the TouchScreen troubleshooting.  I think that Step 5: Configure the touch display -
Configure the touch display to identify your screen as a touch screen. Will help you.

If that does not help you could try a Refresh that seems to help others. Please read all the documentation first.

Here is a link to your drivers page if you ever need it.:smileyhappy:

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
marinburgh
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The link provided does not lead anywhere.  Hence, it was no help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation