Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-g001no
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

how to turn off my tuchpatch on  hp 15-g001no

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @altmuligmand

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums. 

I understand that you are looking to know the procedure to disable the touchpad on your computer, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Are you facing any technical issues with your computer?

Some models have a dedicated button to turn off the touchpad and some models it is hidden towards the top left corner of the touchpad. 

If you double tap the top left corner of your touchpad it should disable the touchpad on your notebook. 

To know more about the touchpad or for assistance, please refer to this HP Article

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it dont help me the opsions you say i dont have

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please go through the touchpad driver settings that there on your computer and you should be able to find the options. If you are unable to find the settings, please share a screenshot of the settings on your computer as it would help me to guide you better. 

The dot on the top left side is hidden and will not be visually visible to you. You need to tap the top corner of touchpad multiple times to enable or disable it. 

Alternately, you can refer to this Microsoft post for assistance and other options. 

HP Notebooks with Synaptics TouchPad - How to Disable the "Double Tap to Enable or Disable TouchPad"...

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it dont help

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Request you provide a screen shot of the settings and the version of the touchpad driver installed so that I can guide you further.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.