Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kml02013 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

touchpad and keyboard randomly don't work at startup

HP ENVY 15 x360 PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Sometimes when I start up my computer, more often than not, when it brings me to my logon screen, I can't use the touchpad or the keyboard at all.  I have to physically touch the screen to let me put my pin in.  Still, neither work, so I end up shutting down and restarting, sometimes more than once, before the touchpad and keyboard start to work again.  I've had this problem for a couple of years now, have been in touch with support, and have also uninstalled and reinstalled my keyboard.  My warranty just expired of course.  I'm ready to throw this computer out of a window.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
1071 54 138
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

touchpad and keyboard randomly don't work at startup

Hello @kml02013,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and see that your HP Envy 15 x360 is experiencing some touchpad and keyboard issues. I would like to help you resolve these issues.

This could be due to either driver incompatibilities or hardware issues. Please begin troubleshooting with a hard reset. After that is complete, use these documents to help troubleshoot the touchpad and keyboard:

HP Notebook PCs - Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 8)

HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)

For more specific information please provide the product number.

Finding Your HP Product Number

I look forward to the results!

If this information is useful, click the thumbs up.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation