cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
chloeha
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

touchpad stopped working after chromos update

Chromebook 14
Chrome OS

After the latest chromeos upgrade (installed today) my trackpad works for a short time (minutes) then stops.  No response and pointer disappears.  USB mouse works fine.  Have powerwashed twice and the issue persists for both my account and guest.

It was working perfectly before this update.

Is there a way to fix it or remove this update?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 165
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @chloeha,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community!

I understand you're having issues with the touch pad on your HP Chromebook. I'd be happy to help you with that, however, to better assist you, I do need to ask some more information.

What is the Model number of the Notebook you're having difficulty with? If unsure, you can find that here: HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

0 Kudos
chloeha
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Its an HP chrome book 14 x003nd

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 165
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @chloeha,

Try this document: HP Chromebooks - Adjusting Touchpad and Keyboard Settings on Your HP Chromebook (Chrome OS)

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation