cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 24,185 9,902 11,597
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Click the Start Menu, type Synaptics and hit enter.  Look for a setting related to accidental contact and may be called 'TouchGuard' or 'SmartSense' depending.  An example of the setting can be seen in the image below - adjust the slider to the right to try and cancel out unwanted cursor movement and Apply the change.

SmartSense.PNG

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Hartyswife
Author
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did exactly as you suggested:  I typed Synaptics...then synaptics...repeatedly and received the same result:  no files match.  Could that be because you advised me to uninstall the Synaptic driver file to eliminate the problem of my touchpad freezing? 

DavidPK
Level 18
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

With reference to my 3rd post, after uninstalling your existing Synaptics driver, did you run the installer for the new version you saved in your Downloads folder?  If not, it's on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50594.exe

If you do need to install this, restart the notebook after this installation.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

Hartyswife
Author
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did download the file however when I double click on it in my downloads file a window opens asking me if I want to open the file.  When I click 'yes' another window opens asking me to choose from a list which program I want to use to open the file.  There doesn't seem to be an appropriate choice on that list.  What now?

Hartyswife
Author
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did right click the file in my downloads file but "Run as Administrator" is not an option.

Hartyswife
Author
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again.  I reread your previous messages and figured it sounded like you knew what you were doing so I must have done something wrong...so, I retraced the steps you provided.  After rebooting I was able to run the file as you'd instructed.   Everything seems to be running just fine now.  You were a big help.  Thank you again very, very much. 

IH

DavidPK
Level 18
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and good to hear it's working :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation