Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

That is the kind of information that is helpful. Use the UEFI Diagnostics. There should be a component test for touchscreen in the diagnostics.  Run the component and post your results here.  You may be able to find the updated UEFI v. 5.2 by running a tune-up in the HP Support Assistant.

Regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i have this problem too.. is your touch screen now functioning? please tell me what you did....

HP Recommended

i have this problem too.. please share what you did if this touch problem is solved... thanks in advance...

HP Recommended

Hello my_asia:

Welcome to HP's forum . I do not know if this will help you out or not but it is supposed to it is for your computer Trouble shooting touchsceen in windows 8. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148  Here is your update for drivers link for your computer as well. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c03488148&lc=en&product=537...& The trouble shooting  mentioned it. Please let us know if this has helped you. Thank you frrw.

HP Recommended

Hi I'm operating on a Windows 8 64 bit Pavilion Laptop and after it updated and restarted, my touchscreen isnt working.

I've found the pen and touch in 'hardware'- control panel but it does not give me the option to 'enable/disable touch settings' as you've mentioned. 

All I see is 'show visual feedback when touching screen OR Optimise visual feedback for projection...'

I can also see (which is the only button present) a SETTINGS button- once clicked you can only adjust: 1. Speed, 2.Spatial Tolerance OR Test settings on the live graphic of a door.

Where and How can I go, to specifically click to 'ENABLE/DISABLE' touch settings on this laptop?

I WISH it didn't 'update & restart'- I've had this laptop for only 3 WEEKS!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi JJ90,

I understand you are having issues after doing an update on your HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-b157tu Sleekbook and your touchscreen not responding. If you follow this document it will show you how to uninstall the update.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Helo, i have a HP model: 14-f004la

And my touch screen is not working
What can i do?

HP Recommended

Hi Edgartvr,

On your HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-b157tu Sleekbook and your touchscreen not responding. If you follow this document it will show you how to correct this issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Same problem. Touchscreen was working, now will not. Have gone to contol panel, pen, input, can't find any toggle or window to enable touch. Has anyone solved this?

Thanks very much,

Rob

HP Recommended

@JJ90 wrote:

Hi I'm operating on a Windows 8 64 bit Pavilion Laptop and after it updated and restarted, my touchscreen isnt working.

I've found the pen and touch in 'hardware'- control panel but it does not give me the option to 'enable/disable touch settings' as you've mentioned. 

All I see is 'show visual feedback when touching screen OR Optimise visual feedback for projection...'

I can also see (which is the only button present) a SETTINGS button- once clicked you can only adjust: 1. Speed, 2.Spatial Tolerance OR Test settings on the live graphic of a door.

Where and How can I go, to specifically click to 'ENABLE/DISABLE' touch settings on this laptop?

I WISH it didn't 'update & restart'- I've had this laptop for only 3 WEEKS!

Thanks!

Restoring and updating your Windows OS sometimes diabling

your PC touch screen functionality...I do have Hp 14-b132tx and i simply

download the-TouchScreen firmware updates on HP drivers download page.

The TouchScreen Firmware update is under Firmware.

I runned it  and hoola my PC 's Touch screen works fine again...

I hope this one helps!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.