cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
arif_usman
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

unable to enable TPM HP Probook 450 g1

HP Recommended

hi all,

I am  unable to turn TPM on in 450 g1. When i click on bitlocker in control panel it is saying" a compitable TPM security decice must be present on this computer, but a tpm was not found"

attached is my getconfig file

P.S. This thread has been moved from Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
arif_usman
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 2
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when i run this config file i am getting error message (attached)

0 Kudos
bahnjee
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Moderator,

How about a link to where you moved this topic?  I can't find it and have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Not applicable
25 18 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello bahnjee,

This topic has been moved from {Business-PCs-Compaq-Elite-Pro} to {Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE}.

Below is the category link:

from 

/t5/Business-PCs-Compaq-Elite-Pro/bd-p/bsc-271#.U-CPBPmSzKQ

to

/t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-EliteBook/bd-p/bsc-274#.U-CNYvmSzKQ

Hope it can help you.

Lisa

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,174 124,341 20,527 31,532
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't believe the 450 Gx model series have TPM chips.

You can easily confirm that by going to the Device Manager and if your notebook has a TPM chip there will be a Security Devices category.

No Security Devices category in the Device Manager = no TPM chip.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation