Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi all,

I am  unable to turn TPM on in 450 g1. When i click on bitlocker in control panel it is saying" a compitable TPM security decice must be present on this computer, but a tpm was not found"

attached is my getconfig file

P.S. This thread has been moved from Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

when i run this config file i am getting error message (attached)

HP Recommended

Hey Moderator,

How about a link to where you moved this topic?  I can't find it and have the same problem.

HP Recommended

Hello bahnjee,

This topic has been moved from {Business-PCs-Compaq-Elite-Pro} to {Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE}.

Below is the category link:

from 

/t5/Business-PCs-Compaq-Elite-Pro/bd-p/bsc-271#.U-CPBPmSzKQ

to

/t5/Notebook-HP-ProBook-EliteBook/bd-p/bsc-274#.U-CNYvmSzKQ

Hope it can help you.

Lisa

HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't believe the 450 Gx model series have TPM chips.

You can easily confirm that by going to the Device Manager and if your notebook has a TPM chip there will be a Security Devices category.

No Security Devices category in the Device Manager = no TPM chip.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.