Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kcastleberry Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unsupported wireless network device detected

How can I flash a BIOS when the computer does NOT boot to windows? I followed a Solution Post to download and flash the BIOS but it requires me to be in Windows.  

I replaced the system board for a Pavilion DV2940se, after power-on the error "104 unsupported wireless network device detected" was displayed.  I removed the wireless switchboard and powered-on the computer again, got the same error message.

PLEASE HELP?

Thanks,

kcastleberry

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
38614 38432 5898 10278
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have a usb stick or a bluetooth adapter plugged in? The only way to flash the BIOS without Windows is to extract the .bin file from the HP BIOS .exe and put it on a bootable floppy with a usb floppy drive or a DOS bootable flash drive. Here are instructions:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/How-to-Flash-BIOS-if-you-cannot-start-Win...

0 Kudos
kcastleberry Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  However, the notebook failed to boot from the flash drive.  Then I made a bootable CD and attempted to boot the notebook and it failed again. 

And yes I did change the boot order in CMOS as well as manually selecting the boot order at start-up.

The same error message "104  Unrecognized wireless device detected"  is displayed and the PC never boots.

Any clues?

kcastleberry

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation