Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kerlos28 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

updating Bios

i just got a new ram for my pc. and the ram speed 2400MHz but my pc default 1333 MHz so i tried to chang the clock timing and the voltage of the ram but my BIOS is so old it didnt alow me to do that. is there any other way i can get to change my ram speed that i paid for.

8 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
13552 1271 3019
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

updating Bios

kerlos28

You can NOT clock the RAM at speeds your processor will not support, and without specific model information of your PC, I can not see what speeds it will allow.

So please follow these instructions:  Finding Your HP Product Model Number | HP® Customer Support

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
kerlos28 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

updating Bios

the product number is BT591AA#ABA,the model number is p6649c and the serial number is [Personal Information Removed]

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
13552 1271 3019
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

updating Bios

Thanks for the information.

Here's some specifications on your PC:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02625338

The information on memory is under Memory Upgrade Information.

You MIGHT be able to overclock the memory over 1333 but that is risky and any significant overclocking requires increasing the voltage to the memory slots and will significantly increase the heat inside the case.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

kerlos28 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

updating Bios

Thank you so much for you help just one more thing my bios didn't allow me to change the voltage or the clock timings or the speed do you know any thing that can change those things 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
13552 1271 3019
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

updating Bios

Regarding changing memory timings and voltages, I do recall that with some motherboards, the supplier provides an app that will allow you to do that, most notably ASUS and Gigabyte -- but HP uses custom-built boards and they don't supply those apps.

I have done overclocking for more years than I care to mention, but always with commercial boards that were well-supported.

Personally, I would advise against overclocking an HP PC as the motherboards are not designed for that.

Provost Provost
Provost
13552 1271 3019
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

updating Bios

double-post, sorry ...

0 Kudos
kerlos28 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

updating Bios

I know what you mean but I have another qustion I have an Apu in my mother board will increasing the speed of the ram give me more fps that all I wanted that why I bought the most expensive one if not I will return it and get a cheaper one 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
13552 1271 3019
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

updating Bios

Most likely NO. 

While the FPS can be reduced if the game load exceeds the processor's ability to keep up, the other way around does not do anything -- as the FPS is governed by the "weakest link" rule: whatever is the slowest in the chain of hardware or software will limit the real-time performance of the game.

The only thing that will greatly increase the FPS is a faster video chipset with faster dedicated VRAM -- and that is something you will not be able to change in a laptop.

Good Luck
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation