cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ranjith1992
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

upgrading of ram in HP Pavilion g6t-1b00 CTO laptop

HP Recommended

is there any way to upgrade my 4gb ram to 8gb ram in  HP Pavilion g6t-1b00 CTO laptop??????

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
muka3D
Level 7
Level 7
467 467 50 148
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey ranjith1992,

The maximum amount of RAM your model supports is 8GBs. The unit has 2 DIMM slots, so you'll have to get 2x 4GB DDR3 memory modules. Take a look inside the unit to see what speed the 2GB ones you have are in there (example, 1066MHz) and purchase 4GB modules that match.

Here are some pictures/instructions to help get you started: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02829479.pdf

Page 48 lists tested/compatible memory modules, and even shows you how to upgrade it yourself! Also, make sure that you are using a 64-bit OS to fully utilize the 8GBs - a 32-bit OS will only see 4GBs.

___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
Cloud_Strider
Level 10
5,568 5,441 389 899
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Based on page 48 of this guide, it doesn't look like it will support more than 4GB.  The largest stick of RAM listed as compatible for this series of notebook is 4GB and the image indicates there is only one RAM slot.  If 4GB is the largest RAM module supported and there is only one memory slot, then it looks like it only supports 4GB of RAM max.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
muka3D
Level 7
Level 7
467 467 50 148
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Cloud_Stirder,

According to my internal product specification document and the hardware sample I have in my library, the unit does indeed have 2 slots and is spec'd to support a max of 8GB.

However, even in that photo that you referenced, you can see the 2 memory module release tabs, indicating that one module is layered below the other:

1.png

___
I am an HP employee.
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
0 Kudos
Cloud_Strider
Level 10
5,568 5,441 389 899
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Muka3d,

Thanks for pointing that out. I somehow overlooked the second set of tabs in the image.

I'll be sure to give it a third look in the future. 😉
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
muka3D
Level 7
Level 7
467 467 50 148
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sounds good! Thanks for double-checking my info, it's good to keep us all on track!
___
I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation