cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
shakey_hands Tutor
Tutor
9 5 0 2
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

usb failure

hi

i have recently installed windows 7 on my Pavilion g6-2002au Notebook PC but have struck this problem-

the drivers for the below items can not be found and the below message is given for each.

USB controller -     location: pci bus 0. device 16. function 0
USB controller -     location: pci bus 0. device 16. function 1

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

i have tried using the HP suggested driver downloads but they did not seem to work. i know the hardware is not damaged because i also run linux ubuntu (dual boot) with zero problems.

specifically the two usb ports on the left hand side( towards the front) are non responsive. however a device eg ipod is still able to draw power. the usb to the back right (near the power port) works completely fine.

thx all

adam

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation