Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kratika Tutor
Tutor
16 0 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

usb ports are not working

hp pavilion 15n-209tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i found some time ago that two of three usb ports of my laptop are not working. i have done the pc hardware diagnostics test and i result in a fail. now i don't know what to do. please help me.

5 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9854 921 1384
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @kratika, Greetings!

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

I understand you are facing issues with the USB ports on your Pavilion notebook. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Let’s first try to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows logo key” + “R” to get the run pop-up window. Type “devmgmt.msc” and press ok.
  • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”
  • Click the “+” next to Universal Serial Bus Controller to expand the nod. You will notice many USB device entries.
  • Right-click on all the USB device entries, and click “Uninstall”. When prompted with “Are sure you want to remove” click “Yes”.
  • After all items are removed, close all open windows and “Restart” the system.
  • The drivers will be automatically installed in few minutes and then try using the USB ports.

Hope that helps. Let me know!

Cheers :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
kratika Tutor
Tutor
16 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

solution didn't work

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9854 921 1384
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @kratika,

Appreciate your efforts.

Let's try to run a system check to determine whether there is any hardware issue with the USB port.

Go to http://hp.care/2bjZGry and follow the instructions to run "HP PC Diagnostics UEFI"

Once you open the "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)" select "Component Tests" and then select "USB Port".

Let me know the results.

Cheers :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
kratika Tutor
Tutor
16 0 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

done the test. and result was a fail for the two usb ports.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9854 921 1384
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @kratika,

Appreciate your efforts in trying those steps.

The hardware test you performed indicates that there is a hardware failure on those two USB ports.

I would suggest you contact HP Phone support for to service the product. You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

Good luck!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation