Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 P045tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently clean installed win 10 64-bit from 8.1 through a bootable USB which also erased RECOVERY partition & Recovery manager. Is there any way I can get Recovery manager and backup new win 10 partition. Since I currently have no backup partition. I am afraid, I may end up in boot failure and have nothing to restore current windows Thanks in advance !!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You can use a third-part solution such as one available at the Paragon Software website.

https://www.paragon-software.com/

They have a free version and home and Business versions available.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

You are much better off getting a backup external drive, using Windows 10 to create a system image backup on it, keeping it updated periodically, and then downloading and creating a Windows 10 install disk from the Microsoft Media Creation Tool website. If your recovery image is on the same hard drive you are unprotected against a crash of that drive. 

If your hard drive crashed you can plug in a new hard drive, the backup disk and the Windows 10 install thumb drive and within 30-40 minutes have a perfect image of your prior installation back up and running. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

can you be more specific? which software I need to install & what are the steps ?? And will it be safe ?? And I want to access it by pressing the F11 key, which presently isn't doing anything.

HP Recommended

You are not going to be able to get an F11 recovery option for Windows 10. Your laptop does not support that. The recovery partition contained Windows 8.1 which you have already figured out became useless after you upgraded to Windows 10. So as both @erico and I have suggested you have to either use the built in Windows 10 backup and recovery options or third party software. In either case, if you store the recovery image or files on the laptop hard drive you are unprotected against a complete crash of that drive. This is also true with the factory HP restore system. It depends on a fully functioning original hard drive. 

The best system is an external hard drive which holds the backup files/image and then a bootable usb flash drive from which you can run the restoration software either Windows itself or a third party application and put the backed up image onto a new drive or back on the original drive if it is still mechanically sound. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.