cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Special_Agent Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

webcam not working or being detected on my new pavilion dv6-6b50sa with windows 7 64 bit

Hello everyone i need some help PLEASE!  I purchased a new hp pavilion dv6-6b50sa two days ago. I am not a pc expert but i know a bit about computers but am new to windows 7. So here i go and try to explain what my problem is.  I have windows 7 home premium 64 bit operating system. The problem is the webcam is not working or i can not get it to work. The webcam is a HP TrueVision HD which is built-in to the laptop. The webcam software is CyberLink YouCam. When i open the Cyberlink YouCam software it says ' No webcam detected. Try plugging in a webcam to your camera now. If you are using an intergrated camera make sure that it is on '. I have looked in the device manager and and the closest thing i can see is the' CyberLink webCam  virtual driver' which is under sound, video and game controllers. I have tried a few things to sort this out like updating the CyberLink YouCam software and driver to the latest versions and updating the latest windows updates but nothing has worked. I have read that this could be a hardware issue like a loose wire inside my laptop. I purchase this laptop at currys along with the knowhow whatever happens service. Shall i just try and get a replacement from currys or HP, or shall i phone the HP help and support line and see what they say? I have been looking into this for over a day now and i just want to be able to use my NEW webcam on my NEW laptop. AGAIN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! :indifferent:

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
21701 21520 1836 6878
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

webcam not working or being detected on my new pavilion dv6-6b50sa with windows 7 64 bit

Special_Agent,

Yes.  It could be defective.  Yes.  It could be a bad wire.

It has happened.  It happened to me.  My brand new notebook had a dead webcam.  It has happened to other people.  It does not happen very often, but it can happen - and it might have happened to you.

If it's only been just two days and the store will replace the computer, get a new one.  That is the easiest fix of all.

If you cannot return the notebook to the store, then Call HP.  The tech will guide you through all the tests, all the checks, everything, and then they will stand by the warranty and tell you what to do to get it fixed.

I am sorry it happened to you.  Don't give up.  It's a little, tiny, irritating, webcam.  Silly things are too delicate and the manufacturing process is apparently not 100%.  Stupid webcams.  :Crying:

I hope this helps!

Say “Thanks!” for the Help by clicking the Kudos Star on the Left

Did this solution fix your problem?  Mark this Post “Accept as Solution”!

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
Maisam Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Guys....

I bought the same PC in NOV-11 and webcam was working until 19-05-2012.

On 20-05-12 Windows Update service UPDATED my system and after that webcam was not working, same problem as you guys had. I decided to do the system recovery from HP recovery manager and after recovery everything started working just fine until 22-05-12 but when I updated my system again the problem began. It might not be a hardware failure but can be a software glitch with one of the WINDOWS UPDATE. Let's just wait for the right update from Microsoft. 

FINGERS CROSSED....!!!

0 Kudos
A-star Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've got a customer with the same issue, same model laptop. In the device manager it shows (Code 43) Unknown device in the USB section. I've reseated the cam connections and installed Windows 7 Clean, plus I've also fitted a spare hard drive and installed Windows 8 Clean and still the Webcam doesn't show or shows as an unknown device with 

Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems

I've removed the CMOS battery. Power reset, and updated the BIOS, still nothing.  It's not a HP fault as I've come across an a Toshiba with the same issue. I have no other solutions on fixes on this. 

The same laptop also has an issue where audio does not come out of the speakers but comes out of both headphone sockets. Strange Motherboard issue here.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation