cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
charliepakss Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

webcam not working

i recently formatted my hp pavilion 15 (touch) after which my webcam stopped working. i have installed cyberlink youcam but still its not working and it doesnt work with skype. it doesnt even show up on device manager. please help me fix this as i need to skype for business purposes.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

webcam not working

Hello@charliepakss

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I understand that the webcam doesn’t work after reloading the OS. Did I get it, right?

I will definitely be able to help you if you can share the correct model number of the PC and the Windows version being installed on it.

Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
charliepaks Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

webcam not working

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab243cl (Touch) (ENERGY STAR) this is the model and windows 10 is installed. i just performed a hard reset and the imaging device is back on device manager. if i try to update driver, it says the "usb video device "driver is the best driver to be installed.but still the webcam is not working. the laptop is not even up to a month old. please help.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

webcam not working

Hi@charliepaks,

Thanks for the responding.

Are you using the Cyberlink Youcam software, if not try once and check if that solves the issue.

Use the link below to download the software and install it on the PC.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71830.exe

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
charliepakss Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

webcam not working

I have installed youcam already but it says webcam not detected. The driver installed in the HP imaging device in device manager is usvideo.sys. I think that should be the driver for removable webcam or so. Please I'll appreciate your help.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19762 19713 1287 2058
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

webcam not working

Hi @charliepakss,

Thanks for replying. I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the same issue. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you through this concern,

The drivers for the Imaging devices, which include the webcam, are not displayed in the Device Manager. To resolve this problem, use the following steps:

1. Restart your computer.

If the problem persists, continue using these steps.

2. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

3. If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.

4. If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

If problems persist, the webcam might have become unplugged internally, and the computer might require service to correct the issue. I would recommend you contact our HP Phone Support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 

Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

For more details: Click here

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation