cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
marsilio
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

wep to wpa

HP Recommended

Own pavillion dv9408nr.

Have a bt router can change router to wpa but when i try to connect comes up with the settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of this network.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Kameron95
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Try Changing the Profile though the Network and Sharing Centre (Windows Vista & 7) to do this...

Start > Control Panel > Network & Internet > Network & Sharing Centre, On the left there should be something saying "Manage Wireless Networks" click that, here you will see the SSID of your network (the name) you will then have to right click on it and click Properties, then on the tab of the window that has opened press Security here you will be able to change the settings, Hope that helped 🙂 

0 Kudos
marsilio
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi .have tried that but i still cannot connect to my router.

It doesnt seem to change the wireless in my laptop.?

Maybe not explainging it too good.

I have to reset router to factory settings which are by default wep 64 bit.

Any thing i seem to try results in the above to connect. again.

0 Kudos
nascar4u
Level 6
493 490 9 66
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

go to network and sharing center, go to manage wireless networks, delete all entries, then go back to network and sharing and reconnect to your network and sign in. the reason the setting didnt match is because you changed the router setting

click Kudos to say thanks if I helped
0 Kudos
marsilio
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes that works but i want a wpa network not wep.

0 Kudos
nascar4u
Level 6
493 490 9 66
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@marsilio wrote:

Yes that works but i want a wpa network not wep.

then contact your router manufacurer for info on changing the router security type

click Kudos to say thanks if I helped
0 Kudos
bob789
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

`wep to wap

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation