Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I keep getting a popup and I do not know if it is a virus. I cannot delete it.  It says:  hp  Check your HP Warranty Status. etc.  It requires a response and I do not want to because it might be a virus.  GK

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey GK,

Depending on where you are seeing this, it probably isn't a virus. If you're seeing it inside some web page (like a banner ad or something), then definitely DO NOT click on it. If you're seeing it in Windows coming from HP Support Assistant (which is preinstalled on your HP laptop), then it is probably OK.

If you want to be sure, please post a screenshot here and we can take a look.

Just so you know, you can check your warranty status right here as well: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=us&lc=en

___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

Turns out it was a solicitation gimick from HP to try to get me to buy an extended warrantee. We need to be ethical and not work from a fear basis and control the customer. Treat us with respect. The only way I could remove the HP pop-up was to shut down. Later however, it would return. It was on the desktop. The only way to eliminate it was to answer one of the two questions. When I did then it went into the sales mode for extended warrantee. Ethically, HP could send me an email and teach me about the benefits to an extended warrantee. Strengthen the relationship with the customer rather than abusing them.  Gary K

HP Recommended

Its the kind of thing that makes me not want to do business with them.

HP Recommended

HPWarrantyPopUp.png

@PeerOne wrote:

Considering one doesn't provide a screen when asked makes anyone reading this posting as having less then any creditable backup to it...so unless you can't provide the request asked for don't expect much help here...

This is a screenshot of the popup dialog box that keeps on appearing even if you choose the option not to show the message again.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem in Win 8.  I can't find the Task Scheduler that is noted in another question.

HP Recommended

You can also get rid of this annoying message by going to Task Manager and closing it down there. 

But I think it is unethical for HP to add this as a pop-up for 60 days until my warranty expires, without an option to decline the first time.  Yeah, they are hard up for money I guess, but they used to at least be ethical and not take advantage of their customers whenever they have a chance. 

Too bad, is anyone listening???

Not a Student!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.