Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15 au104nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I need help about this issue:

"

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x4
Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0x9D14
Class Code: 0x30400"

event ID 17

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ktp_pav,

Thanks for stopping by the HP support forums. A very good day to you.  I reviewed the post regarding PCI  express errors on the computer. I will be glad to assist you here.

Super description and great diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.:)  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

• Did this happen after a recent windows 10 or software update? Do you remember?
  • Does the computer work now?

It looks like a hardware issue with the graphics card of the computer.

Please run complete hardware diagnostics on the computer from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-n000-notebook-pc-series/5401225/model/6521612/do... and follow the options Testing using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) and Running the UEFI Component Tests

If all diagnostics pass please try these steps:

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thnx David, I've already tried updating all drivers and my tech-people reinsttalled win 10. None of this helped, so I've send  my laptop to our maintainance to check the hardware. Another event was repeated as well event 37 The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report...

HP Recommended

Greetings @ktp_pav,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days., 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.